Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Good to be "Back in Black" (font)

Unlike the Aussie group, I have very little energy left to shout about but the past few weeks have been very interesting. I am a little travel weary at this point but all is well in the end and that is what counts.
I am going into a training tomorrow that will last through Friday. The training has me all excited since the last time I took it was well over four years ago and apparently this training course has an SAP bend to it. It is tailored for SAP goods and services so it would be good to go through it and recognize some of the patterns I am going to be needing help with in the very near future.
I have to say that selling is not the most enjoyable acitivity for me however, in the area I am in currently, this is a tool that will increasingly become more important. I have done plenty of selling work in the past to know that its not as bad as it is made out to be in some circles. However, it is now more important than ever simply because Support is going to be vitally linked with services and in fact that is what I think will change and save Software Support in the long run as far as the US is concerned. Support does not have a place to hide from outsourcing in the modern software industry and this is what will become the saving grace for Support Professionals: Positioning Services Effectively.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home