Monday, October 09, 2006

Understanding the Processes involved in Day to Day Activities

Continiuing to work with different SAP processes and understanding the policies that are in place, I was struck by something that was peculiar. I filed for expenses for my visits to New Town Square from last month and realized that I may have made a mistake by adding the charge for the Hertz Never Lost in the expense report. Before I could figure out who to alert about my mistake, I got an email from someone informing me that I will not be able to expense the Never Lost charge, detailing the SAP policy in that regard. Since I was looking for the right venue to correct my mistake at anyway, this made the thing a little bit easier. However, the fact that I found this to be peculiar made me think about what other alternatives does SAP have when dealing with Never Lost. I know that it does not come cheap (7 dollars and change per day) but the amount of time it saves you with routes and figuring out how to get to where you want to go eventually is very valuable. I have decided to opt for it everytime due to the convenience, even if I have to pay for it myself since it saves me the hassle of struggling with maps and figuring out things that I should not have to on a visit to a new place. Perhaps if I visit NSQ often enough, it may not remain such a need however, right now, it is an important need. A suggestion that cropped up while I was reading the email I mentioned above that explained the policy, was that perhaps SAP could allow a certian amount of money for every employee per anum, to be used for "accessorizing" the rental car with what they need. This way the employee can be more judicious in about when they need the Never Lost or any other accessory, and when they don't. For instance, when I am going to, say, Chicago, I am not going to need it since I know the city so well, however, if I go to visit customers in say LA, or Pheonix, it would be something I would opt for and be able to justify.
I am hoping to make it out to NSQ again sometime next month, possibly before thanksgiving. It is tiring and taxing, especially on the wife and the little one, but it has its benefits. Its good to be able to say hello to the rest of the team there and see how they are doing and what exciting things they may be up to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home