Thursday, October 05, 2006

Just another day with not enough sleep the night before

I walked into the office a little after 9 AM PST after struggling to find parking. It is becoming a problem now that seems to have no solution. The only reliable way to find parking is to arrive before 9 AM. If you arrive anywhere between 8:45 AM and 9 AM, you may still find parking however, it may not be your first or even second choice of spots. If you arrive anywhere after 9 AM, be ready to park in one of the spots reserved for folks at the next building.
As I was walking in, I got an email from a colleague in NSQ (SAP HQ), that he needed some help with an account while he was going to be volunteering out some place in W. Virginia. I sent him a quick email, saying I would do it. Everything seemed to be working out except there was some hesitation on his part since he was not sure if it would tax me too much to attend a daily conference call at 6 AM PST for the next week when he was going to be out. I was confident in my ability to tie my hand to the bed post in order for me to not be able to hit the snooze button on my alarm. But eventually somebody else from NSQ stepped in and a potential international incident was avoided since the account that needed managing happens to be in Canada. I just heard about the all hands meeting on Nov 10th and while I am not sure if I will be able to make the date, I would like to make it out to NSQ once more before the year's out. I think it would be great if I can do that during the week of 6th-10th November. We will see how that works out, I guess.
Got a call from the wife while I was at work that they have been transported back to the early part of last century, with no electricity. According to a neighbour, there was an explosion that she heard immediately after which electricity was shut off. I called PG&E from my office phone and while updating my wife on the other phone tried to think "Happy Thoughts" for the entire 15 minutes that I was on hold with them. Once somebody got on, they indicated that they are sending some one to check out the problem. Have a conference call to prepare for with another account so I am going to continue this tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home