Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Goodbye Abbu (Urdu for Dad)

Last night Musharraf's book kept me up for a lot longer than I wanted to and by the time I hit the sack it was already 1 AM. I woke up to the alarm screaming its loudest and literally jumped out of the bed to shut it. I am lucky that my neighbour is out of town these days, otherwise, I would have started the day with an unpleasant incident. My little one was already up and moving about. This morning he did the cutest thing. Usually he likes to cling to me when I leave for work trying to hang on but today he waved his hand saying goodbye with a smile, as he has learnt to do for our guests when they leave. I felt very proud at how quickly he learns what to do and saddened by the fact that he had to learn to say goodbyes at such an early age. Work is usual so far. My colleague who works with me on an important account is going on vacation tomorrow and she and I will probably ruffle through some stuff so that I can handle things the right way. I just heard news that one of the Team Leads in my group has decided to take up a different role. Some new changes in the group are astir, it seems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home